01 January 2011

Happy New Years! :)

For New Years Eve, Aaron & I did not have any big plans. All day we sat around and watched movies and I sat on the computer. But we did it together, and it felt perfect. Around 7, I got ready to go out to Olive Garden. We don't eat out much, and Olive Garden is pretty fancy to us. :) Needless to say, it was delish. We thought about going to a movie but instead opted to stop by Walmart and grab some champagne to bring in the new year --yea, we're classy :). We got home in just enough time to chill our champagne in our sink...what? we don't have an icebucket :) We turned on the ball drop, kissed at midnight, popped the champagne and watched a movie. It felt great. I'm learning that I don't always like being out, being busy. It's important to take time for yourself, to be with your husband, just the two of you. Sometimes, other people start to get in the way -- the hustle and bustle of the city can take away the beauty of life. So in 2011, I want to take more time to just be free and alive, even if that means sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. :)

No comments: