27 January 2011

Take an open-minded walk in your own shoes...

I'm guilty of looking at others and wishing I had what they have, being jealous -- or wishing I was in a different part of my life -- or whatever the case is for that day. But then I sit back and think of how lucky I truly am. How lucky so many of us really are and take it for granted so easily. I have a lot of people that love me and I know I have a couple of friends who would be there for me in a second. I have a husband who puts up with my stubornness and loves me just the same. I have three precious dogs who are protected and loved because of me and my loved ones. I have a roof over my head, money to pay the bills and many doors open to me that others do not have. I am blessed and I know that. We dont always have all the things that we want but we have all the things we need plus some...and isn't that more than enough?

Some people may roll their eyes at me and say that my optomism is false, but I'm here to say that there is no room for pessimsm in my life. It would be wrong of me to act like i'm unprivileged compared to others or that my life is lacking in some way. Why not love the life you have and not feel bad about it? There are so many other people who wish they had half the things you have...and you take all those things for granted because you have your eyes closed to all the wonderful things in your life. Be happy for your life...because it's all yours. :) And I'm sure there are a lot of people who would love to be in your shoes for a day...you just don't realize it yet :)

No comments: